Episode 13: 13 really is an unlucky number!

Download Episode 13



Lady luck decided to bail out on me at a rather bad time, much to Alex's amusement. (I won't even bother trying to explain what happened, just listen)

Shootin' The Breeze

Here is the offending image.



Yes, a little more non anime geek speak than usual, but we're overjoyed at the success of 300. Finally R Rated violence and gratuitous nudity has made a comeback in the age of PG-13.

God bless, DuoMatrix. Anime Genesis obviously found out about my little mistake. Still, thanks for being a good Sport, Duomatrix. You're a top fella!

We also talk about how the Chipmunk effect actually made my review of Gintama seem better than it actually was.

News


More Macross!


"Woot". We discuss the history of Macross a little bit and how the franchise has been handled compared to Gundam, which has gone the way of "The Phantom Menace".

Slam Dunk Live Action Film

Jay Chou
Taiwan's most beloved singer to play title character.

(He also played the title character in Initial D)

Good casting choice? You decide.






Dororo Coming To Hong Kong on the 15th with English Subtitles


Expect a review from yours truly! Probably the episode after next as I plan on watching 300 next weekend.

Code Geass to get second season

Have you seen the butts on the characters in this show!? I'll personally fund a third season, once I learn how to actually pronounce Geass.

Review: Vampire Hunter D (The original '85 film)



It's great for nostalgia, but compared to the rest of the Vampire Hunter D stuff out there, it doesn't stand the test of time as well.

For Nostalgia Value, I give it 3.5 Stars.
Take aware the nostalgia value, minus a star.

Wrapup

Another shorter episode this week, time differences contribute to this somewhat, but expect longer episodes in the future as normal. Stick around all the way to the end for a little bonus!

Until Next Week My Pretties!

Comments

Daryl Surat said…
I usually just listen without commenting, but since you guys said "someone leave feedback!" I'm nominating myself.

Playing background music during dialogue segments is a good idea, but what's not so good is when the music makes it such that I can't figure out what you guys are actually saying. Turn the volume on that stuff down!

And did you seriously just say that Macross Zero was good? I know it's hard, but you have to accept in your heart that ever since he joined that wacko environmentalist cult, Shoji Kawamori has failed to make anything worthwhile whatsoever. If you don't believe me, just watch Earth Girl Arjuna.

Actually, don't do that.
DuoMatrix said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Dudes! Keep it up! You guys crack me up! Especially the sending an image to your student thing, Dane! It was a hot image too.
Al2000 said…
Hahaha I hope Dane doesn't notice Daryl's comment. I am going to give him what for in podcast 15.
Anonymous said…
This is something I seldom say,

"woot"

How the heck did I miss this post!?

Well probably a contributing factor to my comment about Macross Zero was the fact that I bought a digital projector and left the entire wall in my apartment bare so I could watch stuff with a pretty genuine "theatrical" experience. The first three things I opted to watch on the projector were "Macross: Do you remember Love", "Macross Plus" and then "Macross Zero". I was on a high from seeing these babies on the big screen and it didn't really matter *what* Macross Zero was, it had the advantage of being projected on my wall. I'm going to have to watch it again now that the "honeymoon phase" is now over for my projector.

Re: The audio levels, Touché. Hopefully episode 14 was better in that regard.

Duomatrix, thanks for the compliments!

It's an *awesome* picture isn't it, they need more shapely thighed anime character designs dagnammit!