Anime Pacific Episode 29: Podcasting in the heart of madness

Download Episode 29 here.



The image of a Hong Kong trucker who proudly displayed his manliness by plastering the truck window with Fist Of The North Star pictures made tears roll freely down my cheeks and then eventually, down my rippling pectorals.



This reminded me of all the Hokuto No Ken related stuff I wanted to mention over the months.

First:

Check out this awesome French re-enactment of a scene from the theatrical version of Fist Of The North Star.



Second:

The Korean Live Action version, "Fistful of Stars".



I love the live action Shin. He looks about as threatening as an old cabbage patch doll I found my neighbours dog raping.

Third:

Heart Of Madness on American Idol!?!?



Now, onto the Japanese pranks!







And my new favourite, (which we didn't mention) "Magical Ojisan". Trust me, watch it all the way and then you'll know why it's the best.



Incase you missed it, here's the pranks we posted before. We now have a new label; "Japanese Pranks". So, in future you should be able to find these pretty easily.





We mostly chat about Japanese pranks and Fist Of The North Star, unsuprisingly.

Mail

We got quite a lot this week, including a new one from "Mana Wannabe", who coincidently, I've come across in this vast cyberspace before. You can visit her awesome page here. If you like Gothic-Lolita stuff, you'll especially enjoy it.

H.264 rears it's awful head again care of that lovable rouge, Monolith.

Anime Person Of The Week: Yoshiaki Kawajiri

His Wikipedia page is here.



I love that picture, above. It kind of looks like the rougish-lounge-lizard esque character that makes the ultimate sacrifice at the end of the film, thus revealing his warm heart. Don't you get that vibe?

Tales from the East (Or is that the West)

Good news; We make reference to my genitals again!

Promos played:
Anime World Order
Lathers Blather
Up A Paddle

Comments

❤ Piggy ❤ said…
There is lots of feedback this episode, did one of you forget to turn off your speakers?
❤ Piggy ❤ said…
By the way, "Mana Wannabe" is not Japanese; Mana is the name of the J-rock guitarist from Malice Mizer, and Wannabe is "Want to be" in slang. And no I don't hang out with the goth-loli group in Hong Kong :p
N15PCA said…
Funny that you mentioned Chinese army. One time I was at a Chinese restaurant and Some US Army personal walk in and everyone working their got really nervous looks on their face. I was thinking to my self this isn’t China. Their not going to take over your business and destroy your building and make apartments out of it.


I’m glad that Snake on the Plane did really bad box office. My faith in the American movie viewer was not miss place.

If Alex father saw my Hentai collection he would have a heart-attack.
Al2000 said…
I think the "feedback" is caused by Dane's headset. The mic on his headset tends to pick up what I say through his headphones.

So while my audio feed just has my voice, and I send that to Dane. His has his voice very clearly, and my voice faintly. Not good. I think he tried to overlay the feed I sent him, with the voice on his track, but it may not have worked out just right.

Alex
Anonymous said…
Regarding the sound for about the first 50 minutes, it's due to a combination of factors, one is MSN, once we changed to skype the problem pretty much fixed itself. The problem is that for some reason the audio recorded on my side and Alex's side would eventually go out of sync and cause the kind of "echo" effect.

Fantastic last sentence, n15pca, right out of the blue but highly amusing.
Root Beer King said…
yeah I noticed the echo too. Not too bad only I would hear faintly what Alex was about to say before the more clearer verison could say it.

Also about Gurren Lagann, I am so sad! "Nooo~!" I say! I'd be fine with it if it weren't the fact that , they were half through the series , and I wanted more damn it!

Dane if you find another fansubber that keeps subbing past ep 13, please let me know. I can't wait until the DVDs come out to find out what happens! I just can't! Hell I'll watch the raws if I must... I know some Japanese!

Damn you ADV! Learn to License after the show is over with in Japan!
Anonymous said…
Interesting point you touched upon, Jake.

A lot of liscensors appear to annouunce titles just as the series is about to come to an end, thus the subbers drop it.

Death Note & Mushishi come to mind; The latter being announced literally just before the last episode!!
Root Beer King said…
Yeah, well lately (apart from a few series) series have actually gotten a chance to finish subs before getting licensed. Which is why I was so thrown off by this sad Gurren news(Dare I say it? More depressing than ep 8! Haha just kidding.)

I was checking out Nyoro~n's website and it seems that fansubber really wants to continue subbing. So I'm hoping we won't have to wait so long for the DVDs, to see ep 14...
Anonymous said…
Damn, I screwed up one thing. The Cray-1 super computer was used in Tron, not 2001.
N15PCA said…
Yes, Tron. That movie was like a screwed up Captain N. Tron movie still looks pretty good for a movie that is 26 years old. Did you guys ever play Tron Deadly Discs on the Intellivision. That game was so fun.
Anonymous said…
Unfortunately, the Intellivision never even came to Australia, but I occupied myself with the Commodore 64 :)
Al2000 said…
I had a TI-99 in the early 80s. I wonder if anyone else had one.

Take a look here: http://www.99er.net/

Boy that brings back some memories.
Anonymous said…
I've heard of the Texas Instruments, home computer. I think it was very similar to the "Microbee", which I guess is kind of the Australian version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbee

This was the computer that was embraced by much of Australia's primary school's in the 80's.
N15PCA said…
Apple II was the computer in our school when I was a kid. The only thing I like using that computer for is the game Organ Trail. I still think that organ Trail is in the top ten PC games of all time.

I should download Organ Trail ROM on the internet.