Sunday, March 16, 2008

Episode 59; Very ex-machina!

Download Episode 59, here.

Shootin' The Breeze

Remember that Polish series I said I was involved in subtitling? It turns out the torrent of it, involves the "alpha" version of episode one which I never intended to release. Mama Mia! Alex proceeds to make fun of me. Then proceeds to not listen to my explanation. Then hears my explanation. Then decides to prevent me from explaining so that he can continue to mock me as fast as impossible before the inevitable explanation renders his mocking unnecessary.

We talk a bit about Street Fighter IV.



Alex also lets us know about the Japan-Probe esque blog, Tokyo Times.


Alex reveals his love of the novel; Princess Of Mars.

Mini Review: The Gunbuster Movie

Alex finally got around to seeing yet another classic, "Gunbuster" albeit this 20th Anniversary theatrical cut. Feel your old school blood boil!




Review: Appleseed Ex Machina


I also do a mini-review of the Appleseed OVA from 1988. Still, my preferred version. Apologies in advance, the video below is an AMV.



Here's the trailer for Ex Machina.



MaleMail

We discuss a few e-mails we get, one pertaining to the possible future of Cowboy Bebop, the other about "Germanic Behavior".

It's a wrap!

I'm now studying a degree on top of this rather time consuming podcast. Aint' I lovely.

15 comments:

Root Beer King said...

Oh Dane, did you have to eat all the maltesers?

Regan Strongblood said...

-Alex the story for the anime:Ghost Hound was written by Masamune Shirow in 1987 and its a awesome show!!!!!

- Dane is the music you played at the end of the show a hint for whats to come in the near future??? Also Cosmos Pink Shock would look pretty sweet on the bubby subs web site ...dont you think????

Root Beer King said...

You guys touched on it for a minute, but one of my favorite things about Aim For The Top(at least in the OVA series that is) was the cordless rotary dial phone. I laughed so hard when I first saw that.

Anonymous said...

Jake; How did you know I ate all the maltesers!?!?

Cobra is indeed in the future, I'm finally watching the rest of it and loving every second of it!

Regarding Cosmos Pink Shock; Check my e-mail.

Cordless rotary dial phones ARE the future. No more of these cancer giving digital thingies!

ZombieToaster said...

Fun to be mentioned :)


Bork





Ye i dont have anything to say, so sue me :p

Anonymous said...

You'll be hearing from our lawyers.

This is why we don't ask for donations, we just want to sue the arse off of our listeners.

N15PCA said...

It was funny to hear Dane get mad at Alex at the start of the show.

Street Fighter IV arcade game is coming out in June 15 of this year. The console version of this game is coming out this fall. I though the game look good, but I could be seeing it though my 1990 Rose Color glasses.

What happen on that Cruise is PC gone nuts. I feel sorry for the Capt.

Anonymous said...

We actually had to cut the show for a while as Alex had in fact urinated in his pants out of fear. His wife, Kaori, had to wrap him up in a blanket and calm him down whilst swallowing the shame that her grown husband urinated in his pants (again!).

I think the graphics to Street Fighter IV look fine; They're obviously concerned about the move to 3D and are trying to keep the "feeling" of traditional street fighter games, thus the "almost" cell shaded look.

Regarding the captain, If his own wife is German, then surely all chances of his comment being racist are practically nullified!

Regan Strongblood said...

Its sunday night in hongkong isnt it dane??
Where's the next show??

Regan Strongblood said...

whoops according to the internet gods its 2:49pm in the afternoon in Hong kong, which is 12:50 am here in the frooozzzen north.

Al2000 said...

Well, for one thing we haven't recorded it yet.

It is Easter Holidays, so we will be able to record the show any time over the next few days, not just on Fri/Sat like we are normally forced to do.

Alex

Al2000 said...

I would expect a show to be posted Monday/Tuesday NA time.

Anonymous said...

More time means more quality!

...Or so we would like to believe!

Anonymous said...

I released an episode before anime pacific this week? This is madness! XD

Pure Costumes said...

It will be kewl if someone can make this into a Halloween Costumes. I am pretty sure people will jump all over it.