95: Cobra: A-A-Aaaa Saviour of the Universe

Download Episode 95, here.


Trying to synthesize the myriad of topics we discuss in this episode into shownotes would be, quite frankly, madness.


Suffice it to say, it is not exactly a normal episode. However, bear in mind that at the time of this episode's recording, my apartment was a bombshell of half packed boxes, disassembled furniture and dead hookers plastic bags. As a matter of fact, I'll most likely be moving to my new apartment as you listen to this.

The first four Tora-San DVD's are out in the US!



Perhaps as a prelude to my upcoming Hong Kong cinema podcast, I rant about what I perceive to be the death of Hong Kong cinema.

For some now-forgotten reason, we discuss, "The Patriot", undoubtedly one of the worst films of all time. Funnily enough, the one scene I recall as being utterly vomit inducing is actually all over Youtube, thanks to Americans who are utterly moved to tears by it:



YouTube user, "RichBorris" states: "This I think is probably the best scene from the whole movie!"

The aforementioned, RichBorris also links to various websites and groups advocating "Southern Independence".

I also review Cobra:



This picture says it all.