81: Bottoms up: Motoko Kusanagi Casting

Download episode 81, here.



A two hour long extravaganza. Extravaganza: It rhymes with Tony Danza so it must be good.

Shootin' The Breeze

I reveal my intense hatred for smokers who give me second hand smoke: bring your kids!

I also discuss a little Hong Kong political controversy which honestly, is really no big deal.

Special: Who should be Major Matoko Kusanagi?

Alex has already written an excellent article on that over at ANIPAC, read it there!

However, it must be reiterated: the most important thing to consider in the casting:



I rest my case.

Review: Spice & Wolf II

If Darker than Black is a hyper concentrated gallon of Red Bull, then Spice & Wolf II is a soothing cup of Chamomile tea or hot chocolate. Here's the thing, men do like romance when it is depicted as something genuine and organic. The improved graphics of the second season help seal the deal: The world is beautifully realized and utterly immersive.

In some ways, each town, its characters and challengers is akin to a thinking man's Shounen fighting arc.

Overall, fantastic!